Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Finding the Courage Again

Find the Courage Again


We all have courage. The courage to face our fears. The courage to challenge ourselves. The courage to redefine what is possible. The courage to be ourselves. The courage to be vulnerable. The courage fight back.

This past racing season I was unlucky one day on a training bike ride. A white work truck decided that the laws pertaining to sharing the road and giving cyclists space didn't apply. So I was hit by that truck. The sad piece was that the driver didn't even stop to make sure that I was okay. My heart broke that day. Thankfully, I was able to ride my bike home but after I was back on my bike all I wanted to do was push and race like the wind. So I did. It was the best way I knew how to deal with my emotions about being hit and the driver not caring enough to stop and make sure I was okay. After that day I became so much more timid on when and where I road. That day I not only came back bleeding but I came back more fearful.

I have noticed it not only in the way that ride but also in the fact that I ride when I know someone is available to help and tend to stay closer to areas that I know. To be honest sharing this with the world is a vulnerable place for me. To admit that I have become more scared rather then more confident with as much training and passion that I have. But I promised that I would be honest in this journey and share the good, the bad, and the ugly so here it is.

I opened this post by talking about courage and that is what I hope to find again and take back what I lost that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Motivational Monday 12/25